A simple property-level table would help: neighbourhood, unit count, condition, original ask, final ask, sold price, listing date and completion date. Then the 10.5% can be recalculated on matched properties rather than inferred from two changing pools.
I’d compare them over the two-year period you expect to keep this deal: upfront fees, 24 monthly payments, and the remaining loan balance at the end. APR is useful, but it may not reflect your actual time horizon. Also clarify what happens after month 24—is there a rate reset, a required...
That distinction between responsibility and dependency is exactly what I wish I had made earlier. The delay was less about one dramatic problem than about the document sequence taking longer than expected. By the final week, lender timing, paperwork and moving coordination all felt connected...
I finally completed the purchase of a country home in the Seattle area after several unsuccessful offers and a document process that took longer than expected.
Two lessons stand out. First, winning the offer is not the finish line: preserve cash after closing for repairs, unexpected fees and...