Recent content by zane.archer

  1. Z

    Defining the scope of a Tokyo apartment valuation service

    For local expertise, I would ask for the reasoning rather than accept “Tokyo specialist” as a credential. Which nearby properties or other market evidence were considered, why were they comparable, and what differences were adjusted for? You can then test parts of that evidence independently. A...
  2. Z

    Rent increase versus tenant retention for a detached home in Tokyo? (1 bed)

    I’d be more cautious about assuming that a modest figure automatically preserves goodwill. The tenant may still regard any increase as unjustified if the evidence consists only of asking prices. A conversation before a formal proposal may reveal whether stability matters to both sides. Also...
  3. Z

    When should I arrange an independent inspection for a Sydney new build?

    I’m not convinced two inspections are automatically worth it for a 1-bed home. A thorough handover inspection could be the better use of the budget, especially if the earlier visit happens while work is incomplete and produces a list of items the builder was already going to finish. The...
Back
Top