I’d go further: “coastal New York” is too broad for a defensible adjustment range. Even nearby homes can differ because of immediate surroundings, access and coastal exposure. The missing fact that would most change my view is the precise micro-location, followed by whether ownership and...
The practical next step seems clear: retain 79 days as an active-inventory observation, then add completed outcomes, withdrawals, relistings and price-cut timing using fixed neighbourhood and property criteria. If those measures diverge, that divergence is the useful finding rather than a reason...
I disagree that the recurring charge is automatically the biggest swing factor. In Seattle, the exact micro-location may make the sole completed sale a weak comparable even if its size looks right. Street position, light and immediate surroundings can’t be repaired later.
Check the sale date...
Seller motivation may explain more than the energy angle. Two equally dated units can negotiate differently if one seller has already moved or wants a quick closing. You won’t always know motivation, but repeated cuts and a return after withdrawal can provide clues without pretending certainty.
I’d run one disciplined shortlist before deciding: merge duplicates, verify pins, normalize floor area, record first-seen dates, compare mobile with desktop and send the same three questions to each advertiser. Keep Hemnet if distinct, current candidates survive that process; otherwise use it...
Giulia, are parking, utilities or storage included in either rent figure? Those differences can make a supposedly close comparable misleading. I’d normalize those items before deciding how large the gap really is.
I would not treat $3,372 as an automatic target. First compare the extra annual rent from each possible increase with one realistic turnover scenario: vacancy, cleaning, repairs and your time. A reliable tenant already provides value that an asking-rent comparison does not capture.
Price history and sold-record links would help separate a genuine change from duplicate advertisements, but I wouldn’t infer too much if either is incomplete. A simple table with first-seen date, asking price, status and advertiser response would be more dependable for your own decision.
A simple spreadsheet should settle most of this. Put each lender in a column and use rows for advance, LTV, upfront fees, financed fees, 12 monthly payments, balance after month 12, early-repayment amount, and the payment under a reasonable higher reset rate. Add a separate row for cash required...
Before deciding, ask each lender to reprice the same loan amount, down payment, term and lock timing. Otherwise the loan-to-value tier or fee structure can make the quotes look comparable when they aren’t. If the monthly gap remains small after that, I’d give more weight to lower unrecoverable...
Also avoid counting the same updating twice. If $682,500 already reflects obvious cosmetic work, don’t later seek credits for those known items. Keep inspection protection for material issues you could not reasonably identify before offering, then discuss a credit or price adjustment only if...
We’ve offered on a new-build flat at an as-is price, and the offer says we accept it in its present condition. However, it also includes an inspection contingency. The seller is now treating any request for information—or even discussion of a credit—as contrary to the spirit of the offer.
The...
I expected a photography quote to finish with edited image delivery, so I was surprised to find some New York providers also referring to introductions, offers and closing coordination. The property is a new-build flat priced at about $245,000, and I do not want a broad package whose...
A useful update could be a compact table with rows for each neighbourhood and columns for listing count, property-type mix, price band, median days advertised, asking-price change and available completed-sale evidence. Add the observation and revision dates beneath it. Where the sample is too...
Are there service charges here, or is the home maintained entirely by the owner? If charges apply, I’d confirm what they cover and whether any upcoming work has already been discussed. A recurring charge belongs in affordability, not in the emergency pot.