Recent content by ari_grove

  1. A

    Los Angeles studios at $152,000–$228,000: is 38 days meaningful?

    The comments have exposed gaps in my first pass. I cannot support a strong vacancy claim from the current notes, and I omitted the sample count here. Next update I’ll keep the boundaries fixed and separate active, completed, withdrawn and relisted studios, with price-cut timing and condition noted.
  2. A

    Austin warehouse listings: is the 3.6% movement about tax, condition or demand?

    Build a small property-by-property table rather than another average: exact area used, warehouse format, asking price, first cut date, final status, observable condition, financing if disclosed, and whether the listing was withdrawn or completed. Then compare tax only within the closest matches...
  3. A

    Seeking an off-market serviced apartment in Phoenix under $820,000

    I would not insist on a complete ownership packet before the first conversation. Some genuine quiet-market owners may reasonably avoid circulating sensitive material widely. A staged approach seems better: basic property and price details first, then redacted ownership evidence and...
  4. A

    Denver serviced apartment: open 9% under $1.35m after 19 days?

    One caution on appraisal: offering below asking does not eliminate appraisal risk. If completed comparables are scarce, the valuation could still come in below your contract price. I would not promise an unlimited appraisal gap tonight. If you consider covering any gap, cap it at an amount you...
  5. A

    Los Angeles studios at $152,000–$228,000: is 38 days meaningful?

    For July 2026 I tracked a narrow set of Los Angeles studios asking $152,000 to $228,000. Their current marketing period is roughly 38 days. I’m trying to decide whether vacancy is exposing ordinary property differences or signalling an early shift. What would you compare before drawing that...
  6. A

    Dubai 1-bed at AED 1,541,000: does the rent justify the risk?

    I keep going back and forth on a 1-bed apartment in Dubai priced at AED 1,541,000. Expected rent is AED 9,629/month, or AED 115,548 annually, which puts the headline gross yield at roughly 7.5%. The building appears sound, but I do not want the gross figure to hide a mediocre investment. My...
  7. A

    Los Angeles villa: minimum cash return before assuming appreciation?

    I’m comparing a Los Angeles villa with higher-yield properties in cheaper markets. The villa’s current yield is modest, but Los Angeles appears stronger on employment, transport and eventual resale liquidity. The cheaper options produce more cash now but may be harder to exit. How do you stop...
  8. A

    How would you value this 1,290 sq ft serviced apartment in Los Angeles?

    The 4-bed configuration deserves attention as well. Four bedrooms within 1,290 sq ft may appeal to some buyers, but room size and circulation could matter more than the label. Compare usable layouts, not just total floor area and bedroom count. If one comparable has fewer but substantially...
  9. A

    Los Angeles warehouse listings: what explains the split in time on market?

    The easy explanation is that Los Angeles demand has slowed, but I am not convinced that a 73-day figure proves it. A warehouse in poor condition or on the wrong side of a neighbourhood boundary can sit for reasons that have little to do with the wider market. I am following a small group priced...
  10. A

    How far below $750,000 would you open after 88 days on market?

    Thanks all. The 9% opening is $682,500, and I’m leaning toward submitting it without an apologetic essay: condition, time on market and the lack of convincing completed comparables. We’ll provide financing evidence and offer flexibility, while keeping inspection, financing and appraisal...
  11. A

    Phoenix villas: is condition or rental regulation driving the spread?

    I have added withdrawals to the outcomes worth tracking, which raises a useful question: how many apparent quick results were sales rather than listings simply being removed? I would avoid choosing between regulation and condition yet. Group the properties by neighbourhood and type, then note...
  12. A

    Is 112 days a local Los Angeles signal or just listing variation?

    At this stage, “possible early change, not confirmed” seems the fairest reading. Keep the narrow sample, but compare it with recent completed sales and the flow of new and withdrawn listings. Seller motivation is the missing qualitative piece: 112 days means something different for owners...
  13. A

    Los Angeles 1-bed country home at $965,000 renting for $4,980 — does it work?

    Saving this listing has left me with a more important question: is the $4,980 monthly rent supported by the market, or only by a valuation estimate? The property is a 1-bed country home in Los Angeles priced at $965,000. At that rent it would bring in $59,760 a year, matching the advertised...
  14. A

    How far below $750,000 would you open after 88 days on market?

    We have only tonight to decide, which is making it difficult to separate a sensible offer from a rushed one. The Los Angeles serviced apartment is listed at $750,000, has spent 88 days on the market and requires updating. Nearby active listings support something around the asking price, but...
Back
Top