And relistings can hide the history. A property may appear new even when essentially the same home was previously withdrawn. Matching by address or unmistakable property details, where available, would keep new-listing volume from being overstated.
Yes, and I’d keep the geographic groups visible rather than combining everything into one Barcelona figure. Even without enough observations for a formal median in each group, a table of comparable listings would show whether one neighbourhood is pulling the result down.
If the area is defined too broadly, the -4.8% could lead you toward the wrong offer. A direct sea outlook and a home several streets inland may both be described as coastal, even though buyers do not necessarily price them alike.
It is tempting to keep every four-bedroom property because the...
I agree about separating urgent and cosmetic work, but I would not assume an ordinary inspection issue justifies shrinking the personal emergency reserve. If the report identifies a costly essential repair, the better response may be renegotiating, choosing a cheaper condo or walking away—not...
Also ask for conflict disclosure before deciding. In particular: could the agent represent or receive a fee from another party connected with the transaction, and how would that be communicated to you?
I wouldn’t automatically reject the cheapest proposal. If the excluded tasks can be covered...
I wouldn’t dismiss APR. It is useful for exposing a cheap-looking headline rate with expensive compulsory fees. The limitation is that it may not match your actual two-year horizon, especially if the calculation assumes you keep the mortgage much longer. I’d use APR as a warning light, then...
The individual tools look capable. My concern is whether a case still makes sense when it moves from one system or colleague to the next.
Our team has been testing software covering enquiries, document handling, viewing calendars and progress updates. We need to know whether property and client...
Energy could still matter even if it isn’t the main cause. A buyer may look at weak performance alongside the wider cost and disruption of updating the property. But I agree with Luca that asking prices alone won’t establish it. Split the sample into comparable condition bands, then see whether...
Citywide coverage gives you more observations, but tight boundaries give you better comparisons. Mixing Madrid micro-markets could hide the very change you are trying to detect.
There is another risk in the supply count: an older duplex can return under a fresh advert and look newly available...
One practical rule: don’t buy furniture for all five bedrooms at closing. Move in with what you already own, then learn how the rooms are actually used. Furniture is the easiest category to delay and the hardest to recover cash from when an appliance, plumbing issue or moving overrun appears.
I’d turn this into three buckets: acceptable reserves with no obvious concern, uncertain reserves requiring more information, and a clear future-cost risk. Only the third naturally supports a quantified reduction; the middle bucket calls for investigation rather than an automatic 6.6%...
I’d be cautious about presenting negotiation as a predictable range. Even good pricing evidence does not reveal a seller’s circumstances or actual limit. Service charges and missing paperwork can also change how attractive the same price looks, so the figures should probably be discussed...
Withdrawn stock is the trap here. If a home disappears after 100 days, that doesn’t establish a completed sale or its final price. It could return later with different photos, a changed asking price or another agent. I’d keep separate lists for confirmed completions, withdrawals and relistings...