Days on market would help interpret the three active listings, even though it would not turn them into sold evidence. A fresh listing near the subject’s price says little; one sitting unsold after exposure may indicate the market has rejected that level. Also note any price changes rather than...
I wouldn’t treat 31 days by itself as the signal. Look at whether the property has already been reduced, how its condition compares with nearby alternatives, and whether similar listings are accumulating or disappearing. If it is fairly priced and clean, waiting could lose it. If obvious work or...
Thanks—this is a full 30-year fixed quote, and $500,000 is the approximate purchase price, not the loan amount. I’ve now normalized the offers to the same loan amount and LTV. The lower advertisement relied on assumptions that did not match mine.
The large-fee quote only becomes attractive...
I’m comparing mortgage quotes for a New York property purchase around $500,000. One offers 7.10% fixed for 30 years. The advertised rate was lower, but my loan-to-value tier and arrangement fees changed the picture.
Which measure should drive the decision: APR, interest over an expected holding...