Recent content by awake_thread

  1. A

    Would you wait for a stronger applicant for a 1-bed detached home in Dubai?

    I’d make a simple decision table and include the cost of turnover: vacancy time, remarketing, preparation and likely maintenance between tenancies. Then compare that with the evidence supporting each applicant’s likely retention. One caution: don’t reward someone merely for promising a long...
  2. A

    Dubai 5-bed coastal rental at AED 4.496m — does the yield hold up?

    One practical next step: convert everything into a 12-month cash-flow table and separate fixed costs from rent-linked costs. Then calculate net yield on the full acquisition outlay, not only AED 4,496,000. If the conservative case depends on uninterrupted occupancy at AED 24,030, the 6.4%...
  3. A

    Dubai 5-bed coastal rental at AED 4.496m — does the yield hold up?

    I’d hesitate to name an acceptable net yield before seeing financing and total cash invested. A deal can look fine on the purchase price yet become thin once acquisition costs, insurance, recurring charges and interest sensitivity are included. I would run at least three rent cases, including...
Back
Top