The commute and monthly budget were always the main constraints, and now that the decision is real I’m questioning whether we allowed enough room for both. Our offer of €437,000 on a 2-bed coastal home in Dublin has been accepted after months of searching.
I keep switching between concerns that...
I’d actually begin with your all-in purchase budget before going deeply into price data. Keep the property price separate from transaction costs, mortgage costs and any work needed after completion. Otherwise a townhouse that appears affordable in a comparison can leave very little room for...
A useful decision rule would be: subtract all confirmed near-term bills from €20,240, price the move and essential furnishings, and then compare what remains with several months of your actual essential spending. Include only urgent inspection work, not upgrades. If the remaining emergency fund...
I disagree slightly with using the 98 days as strong evidence. A listing can sit because the seller is patient, and comparable asking prices being close may reinforce their expectations rather than yours.
I’d still offer below, but avoid presenting 13% as an objective valuation unless completed...
I’m building a closing-cost checklist for a Dublin condo priced at about €170,200. So far I have transfer tax, legal or notary costs and registration fees, but I’m less clear about financing-related expenses, ownership restrictions and recurring property charges.
The figures also seem to depend...
Also check how the arrangement fee is paid. If it is added to the mortgage rather than paid upfront, it can affect both the balance and interest. For a clean comparison, use the same treatment across every quote. Otherwise one offer appears easier at completion while quietly starting with a...