birch.amber
Buyer
I’m building a closing-cost checklist for a Dublin condo priced at about €170,200. So far I have transfer tax, legal or notary costs and registration fees, but I’m less clear about financing-related expenses, ownership restrictions and recurring property charges.
The figures also seem to depend on how the property is held, residency status and whether inheritance or a later sale needs to be considered. I therefore want to ask a licensed local professional about annual charges, capital-gains treatment, residency rules and inheritance planning rather than assume the initial estimate covers everything.
For anyone who has completed an Irish purchase, which legitimate cost category appeared late or was missing from the first estimate? A rough checklist of questions to ask would be especially helpful; I’m not seeking personal legal or tax advice.
The figures also seem to depend on how the property is held, residency status and whether inheritance or a later sale needs to be considered. I therefore want to ask a licensed local professional about annual charges, capital-gains treatment, residency rules and inheritance planning rather than assume the initial estimate covers everything.
For anyone who has completed an Irish purchase, which legitimate cost category appeared late or was missing from the first estimate? A rough checklist of questions to ask would be especially helpful; I’m not seeking personal legal or tax advice.