Recent content by birch.field

  1. B

    Rental deal in Rome: €450,800 purchase, €3,016/month — sanity check

    The gross calculation works: €3,016 × 12 is €36,192, or just over 8.0% on the purchase price. I’d be most wary of property tax, non-recoverable building charges and anything outside the quoted price that increases total cash invested. Those can turn an attractive headline into an ordinary net...
  2. B

    Rome inventory shifted in September 2025 — what are you seeing?

    Yes, and I’d add sale-agreed date to that table after Mateo’s point. That would reveal whether September reflects fresh buyer behaviour or older negotiations reaching completion. I would also avoid combining neighbourhoods until each has enough observations; otherwise one area with more...
  3. B

    Rome inventory shifted in September 2025 — what are you seeing?

    That timing point is important. I would separate properties first listed in September from transactions merely completed then. For the 81-day figure, it would help to know whether withdrawn and relisted homes restart the clock. Otherwise the apparently faster, well-presented group may partly...
  4. B

    Rome inventory shifted in September 2025 — what are you seeing?

    My first reaction is buyer selectivity, but 81 days alone cannot establish that. The condition split matters: if renovated homes now make up more of the completed sales, the overall timing can improve without demand strengthening. The 0.9% figure also seems hard to interpret unless each final...
  5. B

    Energy assessment tools: useful integration or one more dashboard?

    Add different permission levels to that exercise. Energy documents and yield assumptions may need wider visibility than transaction documents or personal data. It matters whether access can be limited by role, market or property without maintaining separate copies. Also see whether the audit...
  6. B

    Milan mortgage: how should I compare a 6.37% five-year fixed quote?

    Gabriel’s request for the loan amount and term is the next step. Put each offer into one table with monthly payment, cash fees, five-year interest, balance after five years, LTV tier, reset terms, early-repayment conditions and whether portability is actually available for your circumstances...
  7. B

    Milan mortgage: how should I compare a 6.37% five-year fixed quote?

    I wouldn’t dismiss APR, because a five-year cash-cost calculation can make a low-fee offer look attractive while hiding what happens afterward. The two views answer different questions: five-year cost tests your likely holding or refinancing period; APR helps expose the cost of keeping the...
Back
Top