The monthly payment must remain manageable even if refinancing after five years is expensive. Against that constraint, I am comparing mortgages for a Milan purchase of about €529,000, including one offer fixed at 6.37% for five years. Its fees and LTV band make it less attractive than the headline pricing first suggested.
For a likely five-year switch or sale, should I compare all payments and fees over that period alongside the remaining balance? If I might retain the loan longer, APR and the post-fix rate seem more relevant. I also need to check whether the mortgage can move with me, what early repayment would cost and how the payment changes when the fixed period ends.
For a likely five-year switch or sale, should I compare all payments and fees over that period alongside the remaining balance? If I might retain the loan longer, APR and the post-fix rate seem more relevant. I also need to check whether the mortgage can move with me, what early repayment would cost and how the payment changes when the fixed period ends.