Fair point about false precision. I still find separate pots useful for preventing furniture spending from consuming the safety margin, but the numbers should change after the inspection and after calculating several months of essential outgoings. The key distinction is between allocated cash...
One important missing fact: does that ₩60.72m also need to cover the first mortgage payment, insurance costs and any service charges due soon after completion? I would list every payment expected in the first two months before deciding how much is genuinely available for repairs.
I’d keep the largest portion completely untouched as the emergency fund. A provisional split could be ₩35m emergency savings, ₩12m repairs, ₩4m moving, ₩4m essential furniture and ₩5.72m as a general float. Delay decorative furniture until you have lived there and seen the first few bills.
Add a cash-flow schedule to the budget. Contingency may be sufficient overall but unavailable when deposits, demolition discoveries and material orders overlap. Tie payments to clearly described completed work, and set a written process for pricing and approving variations before they proceed.
I am reviewing the rent on a Doha duplex. Comparable asking rent appears to be around QAR 19,840, while the current tenant pays about QAR 17,370. They pay reliably and take good care of the home.
I do not want to chase the full asking figure only to incur vacancy, refurbishment and reletting...