Recent content by cedar.small

  1. C

    Edinburgh 5-bed at £627,900 and £2,515/month — does 4.8% gross stack up?

    If the rent or running costs are only slightly wrong, this purchase could produce very little cash flow for the risk. The property is a 5-bed coastal home in Edinburgh priced at £627,900, with projected rent of £2,515 a month and a gross yield of about 4.8%. The building looks sound from what I...
  2. C

    London management fees would erase most of my rental cash flow

    I agree on separating the scenarios, but I would not dismiss management merely because the monthly surplus becomes small. The fair comparison is managed letting versus selling, not managed versus free remote self-management. Selling has its own costs, while retaining the property may still...
  3. C

    London management fees would erase most of my rental cash flow

    If the calculation already includes realistic maintenance, insurance, financing and any property tax or void-period charges, I would lean towards selling. An 8% fee is not the whole cost: a new letting and one significant repair can turn a thin surplus negative. Management may reduce your...
Back
Top