Recent content by celine.snow

  1. C

    Dubai’s June 2026 inventory mix: signal or seasonal noise?

    Was there any policy or financing change whose timing overlaps this period? I’m not suggesting one caused the shift, but it should at least be marked on the timeline before calling the pattern seasonal. The same applies to developer launches that may have changed the type of inventory available...
  2. C

    Rome 3-bed duplex at €736,000 and €4,006/month — does it stack up?

    The gross calculation works: €4,006 over 12 months is €48,072, or about 6.5% of €736,000. I’d focus first on condominium costs and extraordinary building works. A duplex can also have maintenance items that fall awkwardly between the unit and common areas. Ask for recent accounts, current...
  3. C

    November 2025 Vienna notes: are duplex marketing times starting to shift?

    I’d still lean toward property-level variation. A 47-day marketing period describes listings, but not whether buyers are actually completing purchases. I’d want to compare recent completed sales with new-listing volume and withdrawn stock. Vacancy may simply expose seller motivation: an empty...
  4. C

    Valuation check: 90 m² duplex in Seoul, asking ₩634,800,000

    I’m wary of making condition equal to renovation cost alone. Buyers may discount dated finishes by less than the full replacement cost if everything remains usable—or by more if the layout feels compromised. I’d grade condition consistently across all four comparables, then test a low and high...
  5. C

    80 m² coastal home or Vienna apartment: what am I missing after 36 days?

    That clarification makes the Vienna option sound easier to supervise, but supervision is not the same as cost predictability. Before deciding, I’d want the apartment’s recent meeting records, reserve information, insurance scope and any known work under discussion. For the house, obtain...
  6. C

    Valuation check: 160 m² detached home in Vienna at €478,400

    I partly disagree with making the completed sale the automatic anchor. One transaction can be distorted by its condition, timing or circumstances, while three current listings may still show the competing choices available to a buyer. I would grade all four properties feature by feature rather...
  7. C

    80 m² coastal home or Vienna apartment: what am I missing after 36 days?

    Also, I’m not convinced the apartment necessarily offers more control. You may control the interior and have easier access to contractors, but shared-building decisions can limit timing and spending choices. The coastal home may give you greater decision-making freedom while demanding more...
  8. C

    80 m² coastal home or Vienna apartment: what am I missing after 36 days?

    I would challenge the assumption that the coastal home is simpler. Even at 80 m², exposure to salt, wind, moisture or long vacant periods could shift maintenance and insurance costs. With the Vienna apartment, ask for the building’s reserve position, planned works, recent cost history and...
  9. C

    Vienna villa at €170,200 and €963 rent: what costs am I missing?

    Annual scheduled rent is €11,556. From that, subtract realistic vacancy, management, insurance, owner-paid recurring charges, property tax, maintenance and the repair reserve. Divide the result first by €170,200, then again by total cash committed including acquisition costs. Those two yields...
  10. C

    Vienna villa at €170,200 and €963 rent: what costs am I missing?

    Before choosing a target yield, establish what the €963 actually means. Is it base rent to the owner, or the tenant’s total monthly payment including recoverable charges? That distinction can change the calculation substantially. I’d ask for an itemised list of recurring charges, the current...
  11. C

    Keep or sell a €492,200 Vienna rental when management removes the surplus?

    I would not dismiss management just because it consumes the present surplus. It is buying availability in Vienna when you cannot provide it. The caveat is that “coordination” can become expensive without good approval limits and clear invoices. The comparison is not manager versus free...
  12. C

    If mortgage rates fall, will competition simply push prices up? Near Vienna

    I’m deciding whether to buy a property near Vienna now with financing at 3.69%, or wait in the hope of a lower rate. The purchase price is €1,191,000, and I can manage the monthly cost today. My concern is that cheaper mortgages may bring buyers back before local inventory improves, pushing...
  13. C

    Vienna mortgage quote: comparing 6.32% fixed for two years

    6.32% fixed for two years is the figure driving my decision on a Vienna purchase of about €561,200. It may still be competitive, but lender charges and the loan-to-value band mean I cannot judge it from the rate or initial monthly payment alone. For comparison, I am considering the full...
Back
Top