Vienna mortgage quote: comparing 6.32% fixed for two years

celine.snow

Property investor
6.32% fixed for two years is the figure driving my decision on a Vienna purchase of about €561,200. It may still be competitive, but lender charges and the loan-to-value band mean I cannot judge it from the rate or initial monthly payment alone.

For comparison, I am considering the full 24-month outlay, the principal remaining at the end of that period and any cost of leaving or moving the loan. Does that give a fairer picture than APR for a short fix? My next step is to request illustrations using the same amount and term from each lender, including the rate that applies afterwards, then test whether the reset payment remains affordable. I would also keep portability and early-repayment conditions visible rather than bury them in a single cost number.
 
For a two-year fix, I would compare the total cash outlay over those same two years: repayments, arrangement fees and any other required lending costs, less the principal repaid. APR can help, but it may be less useful if its assumptions do not match your likely refinance date. Keep portability and early-repayment conditions beside the cost comparison rather than trying to reduce everything to one number.
 
The missing detail is your expected loan-to-value and whether you could still afford the payments after a rate reset. A cheap-looking two-year total can depend on being able to refinance on favourable terms. I’d ask each lender for comparable illustrations using the same loan amount and term, then stress-test the post-fix monthly payment separately.
 
Back
Top