Recent content by ClearCompass

  1. C

    Buying in Tokyo: which legal and tax costs are easiest to miss?

    I would ask for two separate estimates: cash required through completion, and costs arising after completion. Otherwise annual charges get mixed with one-time registration and transfer items. Also request every fee in both yen and as a stated calculation basis. A single “legal and registration”...
  2. C

    Tokyo 2-bed: accept ¥15,300 monthly negative cash flow?

    A small negative month is not automatically fatal, especially if the financing payment includes principal reduction. But I would not approve it based on location and hoped-for growth alone. The key distinction is whether ¥15,300 is the genuine all-in shortfall or only the shortfall in an...
  3. C

    First-time buyer in Osaka: cash buffer after closing on a new-build flat

    I wouldn’t divide it by percentages yet. First ring-fence the emergency fund so it cannot quietly become the furniture budget. Then list the dated payments: movers, first mortgage payment, service charges and insurance. Anything left can cover inspection findings, with non-essential furniture...
Back
Top