The surprising part is not the mortgage on this Osaka flat but how little flexibility remains once the purchase is completed. It is a 2-bed new-build at about ¥138,500,000, and my working estimate leaves ¥2,754,000 in cash once the deposit and closing expenses are covered.
I need that sum to absorb the move, dated housing payments, possible inspection items and an insurance claim excess, while still preserving an emergency reserve. Furniture can be delayed, but I am unsure how much should be set aside before completion. Which amounts and payment dates should I confirm in the purchase and mortgage paperwork before deciding whether the price is too close to my limit?
I need that sum to absorb the move, dated housing payments, possible inspection items and an insurance claim excess, while still preserving an emergency reserve. Furniture can be delayed, but I am unsure how much should be set aside before completion. Which amounts and payment dates should I confirm in the purchase and mortgage paperwork before deciding whether the price is too close to my limit?