Recent content by compareTheCompass

  1. C

    Nairobi mortgage quote: 8.19% fixed for 5 years — how should I compare it?

    I would prioritise certainty if two offers are close. A slightly cheaper projection is not automatically better if it relies on refinancing after five years or on portability working exactly as hoped. Compare the realistic base case first, then treat a successful refinance as an upside rather...
  2. C

    Second opinion on a 2.63% fixed mortgage quote in Kenya

    One lender presents the 2.63% rate as the obvious choice, but I hesitate because the fee structure and flexibility may matter more than a small payment difference. The purchase under consideration is around KES 125,800,000 in Nairobi, and the quote fixes the mortgage for 20 years. I am thinking...
  3. C

    45 m² studio or similarly priced coastal home in Nairobi?

    I’d add a time budget beside the financial one. Record who handles routine maintenance, tenant calls, inspections, insurance claims and emergency access in each option. If management has to be outsourced, include that cost; if you will do it, assign the hours honestly. My decision order would...
  4. C

    Nairobi in January 2025: is the 10.3% asking-to-sale gap meaningful?

    One reading is that Nairobi buyers became more selective in January 2025. Another is that a single month is showing differences in location, condition and the types of property that happened to complete. The figures I’m looking at suggest about 112 days for well-presented duplexes and an...
Back
Top