compareTheCompass
Buyer
One lender presents the 2.63% rate as the obvious choice, but I hesitate because the fee structure and flexibility may matter more than a small payment difference. The purchase under consideration is around KES 125,800,000 in Nairobi, and the quote fixes the mortgage for 20 years.
I am thinking of comparing the offers in stages: first the upfront fees and payments over a realistic holding period, then the outstanding balance and cost of repaying early. A full 20-year interest total is useful, but only if I am genuinely likely to keep the same loan throughout.
Which figures would you place side by side? I would also welcome views on sensible refinance assumptions, portability and whether any quoted charges are added to the loan rather than paid upfront.
I am thinking of comparing the offers in stages: first the upfront fees and payments over a realistic holding period, then the outstanding balance and cost of repaying early. A full 20-year interest total is useful, but only if I am genuinely likely to keep the same loan throughout.
Which figures would you place side by side? I would also welcome views on sensible refinance assumptions, portability and whether any quoted charges are added to the loan rather than paid upfront.