Recent content by dev.holt

  1. D

    Comparing a 6.66% 30-year fixed quote on a $220,000 New York purchase

    How large is the loan after the down payment, and how long do you expect to keep this property? Those two facts could decide whether the fee ever pays for itself. I’d ask each lender for the same loan amount and lock period so the quotes are genuinely comparable. Confirm whether the quoted rate...
  2. D

    Rent increase versus tenant retention for a Paris apartment—what am I missing?

    A few missing details matter: is the apartment furnished or unfurnished, what does the lease say about rent review, when was the last adjustment, and does the €3,865 comparison reflect genuinely similar apartments? Paris rules can depend on the tenancy and property details, so I would verify the...
  3. D

    Rental deal in Paris: €423,200 purchase, €2,786/month — sanity check

    Before debating an acceptable net yield, how firm is the €2,786 figure? Is it rent under an existing lease, an agent’s estimate, or an advertised asking rent? Also, is the intended letting furnished or unfurnished, and is the lease length already fixed? Those details affect turnover assumptions...
Back
Top