The €411 monthly gap is what makes this less straightforward than simply matching the market. The tenant pays about €3,454, while comparable advertisements suggest roughly €3,865, but they have also been reliable and taken good care of the apartment.
For example, even a short vacancy plus cleaning, repairs and reletting could absorb much of the extra rent. On the other hand, leaving the amount unchanged indefinitely may create a larger adjustment later. I am therefore considering a smaller increase that recognises the tenant’s record.
Before raising it with them, I plan to confirm which Paris rules apply to this lease, the permitted amount and the required notice. What lease details and genuinely comparable properties would you check before choosing the figure, and how would you present the review without damaging the relationship?
For example, even a short vacancy plus cleaning, repairs and reletting could absorb much of the extra rent. On the other hand, leaving the amount unchanged indefinitely may create a larger adjustment later. I am therefore considering a smaller increase that recognises the tenant’s record.
Before raising it with them, I plan to confirm which Paris rules apply to this lease, the permitted amount and the required notice. What lease details and genuinely comparable properties would you check before choosing the figure, and how would you present the review without damaging the relationship?