Are the $1,581 comparisons genuinely similar townhouses in the same immediate area, or just listings with the same bedroom count? Asking rent is not necessarily achieved rent. Parking, condition, included services and lease timing can all change the comparison. I’d also want to know when the...
I wouldn’t automatically reject negative initial cash flow. Someone may reasonably prioritize a particular location, long holding period or lower leverage. The caveat is that this is then a different strategy, not evidence that the townhouse cash-flows honestly today. Appreciation should not be...
I’d go further: market rent may be the wrong anchor when the tenant’s payment and maintenance history are this strong. Reliability has a measurable value even if it never appears in a listing. Consider offering a moderate increase with a clear renewal term, if permitted, while committing to deal...
Does the $35,000 remain after all prepaid items, insurance and any service charges, or only after the current closing estimate? Also confirm when the first mortgage payment falls due rather than assuming you get a long gap.
I’d ask the inspector to separate urgent defects from routine...