Renewal is approaching, so I need to decide whether retaining a dependable tenant is worth leaving some rent on the table. This is a New York small multifamily where the tenant pays about $5,025, while current comparable listings are near $5,546.
Their payment and maintenance history are both good. Before treating the $521 gap as recoverable income, I want to account for vacancy, turnover work and reletting costs, as well as confirm whether those listings reflect achievable rents. How would you choose a measured increase, handle any required notice and discuss it without damaging the relationship?
Their payment and maintenance history are both good. Before treating the $521 gap as recoverable income, I want to account for vacancy, turnover work and reletting costs, as well as confirm whether those listings reflect achievable rents. How would you choose a measured increase, handle any required notice and discuss it without damaging the relationship?