Recent content by gardensAndMoss

  1. G

    London listings at 66 days: are completed sales telling a different story?

    Completed prices alone will not show failed chains or withdrawn homes, so I would keep all three groups: completed, still listed and withdrawn. Then note condition, original price, reductions and whether the seller appears to have relisted. Buyer financing matters too. A property can attract...
  2. G

    Edinburgh inventory shifted in October 2025 — what are you seeing?

    Also preserve the October 2025 snapshot when later completions arrive. One version can show what was knowable then; another can show the matured outcomes.
  3. G

    When should I inspect a new-build 2-bed serviced apartment in Birmingham?

    There is still value in looking again near the end of the defect period. Some issues only become apparent after normal use, heating cycles or wet weather. I just would not make that the sole inspection. Even if you pay for only one formal visit at handover, keep your own running photo log and...
  4. G

    When should I inspect a new-build 2-bed serviced apartment in Birmingham?

    The boundary between the apartment and the managed building matters here. An inspector may identify a symptom inside your unit without being able to examine the communal cause. Ask the managing side who pays for investigation, what the service charge covers, and whether any insurance excess...
  5. G

    Birmingham listings: headline figures versus the street-level picture

    I’m trying to sense-check a Birmingham sample before drawing conclusions from it. The asking-price bracket is £209,000 to £313,600, the properties are mostly warehouses, and the typical listing has been visible for 11 days. My tentative theory is that transaction fees may help explain the...
  6. G

    Birmingham mixed-use listings around £936,000: condition or something else?

    I’m sense-checking a Birmingham sample centred on £936,000. The asking-price bracket runs from £748,800 to £1,123,000, mostly for mixed-use buildings, and the typical listing has remained visible for 73 days. My working theory is that maintenance and general condition separate the quick movers...
  7. G

    Edinburgh inventory shifted in October 2025 — what are you seeing?

    Exactly. Property use or operating model is not the same variable as physical condition. Combining them makes the opening comparison harder to interpret.
  8. G

    Comparing a 5.58% five-year fix near Birmingham

    A 5.58% five-year fix is the quote I need to assess for a purchase of about £744,900 near Birmingham. It looked less competitive once the product fee and my loan-to-value band were applied, although the resulting monthly payment remains affordable. For a decision over five years, should I...
  9. G

    Which conveyancing integrations actually remove work?

    The missing fact is which application you treat as the main record. Without that, every connection risks becoming a two-way argument over which version is current. I’d test one transaction from listing import through document revisions and updates, including a change made on mobile. Record...
  10. G

    Does 103 days on market give Birmingham duplex buyers leverage?

    One caveat on discounts: the original asking price may have been aspirational. A sale well below that figure does not necessarily show strong buyer negotiation. Compare the final price with the asking price in place when serious interest appeared, and note whether the successful buyer had...
  11. G

    Birmingham detached homes: is 38 days really the current pace?

    If the 38-day figure is misleading, I could either overpay for a fresh listing or wait too long on a home that is fairly priced. That is why the conflicting explanations from Birmingham agents are not very helpful. I have been following detached homes offered between £408,700 and £613,100. The...
Back
Top