gardensAndMoss
First-time buyer
If the 38-day figure is misleading, I could either overpay for a fresh listing or wait too long on a home that is fairly priced. That is why the conflicting explanations from Birmingham agents are not very helpful.
I have been following detached homes offered between £408,700 and £613,100. The properties taking longer appear more likely to be vacant, but an active-listing sample may exclude homes that were withdrawn and never sold. It may also mix renovated houses with those needing substantial work.
Has anyone checked recent completed sales within specific Birmingham neighbourhoods? I would be interested in the time from listing to agreement, along with new stock and the date of any reduction. The neighbourhood boundary and condition used in the comparison would be useful, as a city-wide average could conceal both effects.
I have been following detached homes offered between £408,700 and £613,100. The properties taking longer appear more likely to be vacant, but an active-listing sample may exclude homes that were withdrawn and never sold. It may also mix renovated houses with those needing substantial work.
Has anyone checked recent completed sales within specific Birmingham neighbourhoods? I would be interested in the time from listing to agreement, along with new stock and the date of any reduction. The neighbourhood boundary and condition used in the comparison would be useful, as a city-wide average could conceal both effects.