For an Oslo apartment, what should a buyer treat as meaningful pricing evidence before bidding? Asking prices can be optimistic, but completed sales may involve different condition, size or ownership arrangements. I’m also curious whether a financing limit should be disclosed during negotiation...
One more question: is the person presenting the proposal also your day-to-day contact? If not, ask for the name of the person handling viewings and offers, their normal response time, and who covers absences. A strong pitch from one person is less valuable if the file is then passed around...
Make each agent price the same hypothetical sale from start to finish. Include photography, listing changes, viewings, negotiation, document handling and what happens if an agreed deal falls through. Also ask whether the fee is fixed, percentage-based or conditional, and which expenses remain...
Vacancy is a weak measure of seller pressure. My concern is that an empty Oslo townhouse can belong either to someone who needs a quick completion or to someone able to wait without coordinating a move.
I would not ignore occupancy, but I would give more weight to when the asking price changed...