Also inspect the management percentage carefully. Does the quote cover only collecting rent, or also finding tenants, inventories, inspections and handling repairs? A low headline fee can be misleading if each turnover creates separate charges. Confirm whether any quoted fees include applicable tax.
I’m considering a 2-bed serviced apartment in Auckland. The location appears to have durable demand, but using a conservative rent estimate of NZ$5,262 and allowing for reserves, it comes out roughly NZ$165 per month cash-flow negative.
I can comfortably cover that, but the return then depends...
I partly disagree with waiting for a visible price cut. By the time the public price changes, other buyers may re-engage. If the property suits and the condition is understood, a supported offer can test motivation earlier. The useful evidence is a small set of genuinely comparable completed...
That’s a good point. I’d also want to know whether the 91-day count is continuous or whether some homes were taken down and returned. Emil, when you mention public asking history, are you seeing genuine reductions on the same campaign, or listings coming back with different presentation? Those...
How tightly are you defining “coastal”? Even neighbouring pockets can attract different buyers, and a broad Auckland comparison could make 91 days look more meaningful than it is. Also, are these standalone houses, townhouses, or a mixture? The range is narrow enough that those distinctions...
A small scenario table could make those meetings more productive. Compare personal versus entity ownership, occupied versus rented use, and resident versus non-resident assumptions. For each, ask about purchase eligibility, annual filing or charges, sale treatment and succession. It will expose...
The floor-area issue needs unpacking. Are the inconsistent numbers describing internal floor space, total building area or something else? If the label changes between listings, comparison is unreliable even when each number is technically correct. I’d ask the advertiser to define the figure...
The Auckland market feels split rather than uniformly fast or slow. I’m looking at mixed-use buildings around NZ$1,617,000–NZ$2,426,000, and several have now been advertised for roughly 80 days. I’m trying to decide whether that length of time gives buyers meaningful negotiating room or whether...
I’d put less weight on predicting resale value unless your likely holding period is short. The more actionable step is to request the full payment schedule and written terms covering fees, resets, early repayment and whether portability is available. Then run three cases: current terms...