Buy in Delhi at 8.03%, or wait and risk higher prices?

PlainStory

Property investor
Established
First post, so apologies if this is obvious. I’m considering a Delhi property priced at ₹107,700,000 with financing at 8.03%. I can manage the payment today, but I’m wondering whether waiting for cheaper finance is a false economy if lower rates bring buyers back before inventory improves.

Rather than trying to predict both rates and prices, what stress tests would you run? I’m particularly concerned about monthly affordability after a rate reset, refinancing assumptions and resale risk—not looking for general reassurance about Delhi.
 
I’d compare both choices over the same intended ownership period. For buying now, assume refinancing never becomes attractive and include arrangement fees, early-repayment costs and a higher payment after reset. For waiting, keep the deposit constant and test both a higher purchase price and unchanged rates. If only the optimistic refinance case makes buying comfortable, that is useful information.
 
What loan-to-value and term are you considering, and is 8.03% fixed for any period or floating from the start? “I can afford it” can mean very different things depending on how much monthly headroom remains. Also, falling rates may increase competition, but they do not automatically produce an equal rise in prices; local inventory and what buyers can actually pay still matter.
 
I’d put less weight on predicting resale value unless your likely holding period is short. The more actionable step is to request the full payment schedule and written terms covering fees, resets, early repayment and whether portability is available. Then run three cases: current terms throughout, an adverse reset with no refinance, and cheaper refinancing after all switching costs. If the adverse case strains the household budget, waiting or lowering the purchase price is safer regardless of what Delhi prices do.
 
Back
Top