Heating efficiency and likely energy costs may influence tenant interest and future improvement spending. I’d investigate the existing systems and condition without assuming today’s appearance settles future costs.
The first mortgage payment, insurance excess and possible service or estate charges were not separate lines in my buffer plan, so that is already useful. I’m going to stop thinking of the full £14,820 as available spending money. For now I’ll price the move, wait for the inspection findings and...
We finally had an offer accepted on a 3-bed townhouse in Manchester at around £417,300 after repeatedly losing to cleaner offers. Once the deposit and estimated closing costs are paid, I should have roughly £14,820 left.
I’m trying to decide whether that is a comfortable buffer or a warning to...
The 81-day figure changed my view. I had expected lease length to explain most of the variation, but the Manchester student-housing listings in my notes—priced from £496,100 to £744,100—may be mixing genuinely motivated sellers with homes that are effectively off the market.
Before blaming...