For the shortlist, I’d investigate the exceptions: properties with manageable leases that still linger, and difficult leases that moved quickly. Those cases test the proposed explanation.
I disagree slightly with prioritising a lower offer. Stronger proof of funds helps, but it does not remove every financing or appraisal risk, and a buyer should still retain reasonable inspection protection.
I would compare offers as packages: price, deposit, financing condition, evidence...
Jack’s point about boundaries is crucial, and Tariq’s questions would help separate genuine bargaining from failed transactions. I’d build a small table for the exact development or a tightly drawn nearby area: original ask, latest ask, listing dates, withdrawn periods, condition, financing...
What kind of updating is needed—mostly finishes, or items that could materially affect cost? That distinction matters before deciding whether to reduce the price now or seek repair credits after inspection.
Also, 102 days on the market does not necessarily reveal seller motivation. Ask whether...
Completed-sales information may also arrive later than the listing activity you are tracking. Keep the dates aligned: a recent completion may reflect an agreement reached well before the current batch of new listings appeared.
I’m also unclear about the insurance point. Do you mean the building’s cover, insurance required by a buyer’s lender, or uncertainty about whether a particular issue is covered? Those are different obstacles. If insurance questions are delaying financed buyers, the eventual discount may reflect...
First caution: 16 days of listing visibility is not the same as 16 days to a completed sale. A unit can be reserved, relisted or removed without the public history telling you why. I would treat that figure as marketing age only.
I would not assume the notary category is one simple fee. Ask who prepares each document, who authenticates or registers it, and whether the quote includes every step. The same applies to the transfer-tax estimate: have the professional confirm the value used for the calculation and who is...
Mobile may be part of the comparison problem. Use it for alerts and quick exclusions, but keep a separate table for the shortlist with the advertised area, area basis, price, location description, advertiser and date you first saw it. That will expose duplicates even when the titles differ. Are...