I’m comparing a 130 m² studio with a similarly priced serviced apartment in Sydney. The studio appears simpler to maintain, while the serviced apartment may offer more control but also larger irregular costs. I’m modelling service charges, insurance, energy use, vacancy and resale liquidity...
Those provisions can serve different purposes. “As-is” commonly signals that the seller will not repair or reduce the price, while an inspection contingency may still permit termination if its conditions are met. It does not necessarily create a right to a credit.
Check what notice must be...
I partly disagree that vacancy is the main threat. One empty month costs A$3,512, but a large building expense could be much more disruptive and may arrive without improving the rent. Read the strata records, recent meeting minutes and planned works before relying on “looks sound.” Visual...
For student housing, vacancy timing deserves its own scenario. A change that leads to departure at an awkward point in the occupancy cycle may cost more than the headline increase earns. I’d align the review with the agreement dates rather than forcing a decision around the market listing.