Recent content by measureTheLens

  1. M

    Offer accepted on a Bogotá townhouse—buyer’s remorse or genuinely overstretched?

    Check the paperwork you have signed before assuming you can casually reconsider. The consequences and remaining options depend on the Colombian documents and their wording, so raise any uncertainty promptly with the local professional handling the transaction rather than relying on general forum...
  2. M

    How far should I raise rent for a reliable São Paulo townhouse tenant?

    I wouldn’t let fear of turnover automatically justify keeping the rent far below market. A good tenant has value, but a widening gap can make the eventual correction harder for both sides. Once you have better comparable properties and vacancy information, present a supported but tenant-friendly...
  3. M

    Rio property Q&A: valuation, negotiation and financing surprises

    The possible financing stage creates another question: will the private report be prepared for the buyer alone, or in a form anyone else may rely on? That affects its practical value even before considering whether a lender will accept it. Completed transactions are usually more informative...
  4. M

    Are buyers negotiating more in Rio de Janeiro after 26 days? First time doing this

    That is a good point about withdrawals, but I would be careful about reading every disappearance as an unsold property. Without a confirmed completed sale or withdrawal reason, it is simply an unknown outcome. I would ask for three things before setting the offer: comparable completed...
  5. M

    Are buyers negotiating more in Rio de Janeiro after 26 days? First time doing this

    I would not treat 26 days alone as evidence that sellers are negotiating more. A warehouse can sit because the buyer pool is narrow, financing is taking time, the condition is uncertain, or the stated service charges need clarification. For each candidate, record its original ask, any...
  6. M

    [Wanted] 5-bed home near Rio de Janeiro, budget R$2,436,000

    Is this strictly a house, or would a large apartment qualify? Five listed bedrooms can mean five proper bedrooms, or four plus a very small service or flexible room. I’d ask for room dimensions or a floor plan before treating every response as comparable.
  7. M

    Does “as-is” still leave room to walk away after inspection?

    If we mishandle the approaching deadline, we could lose the studio or put our deposit at risk. The offer describes the sale as as-is, yet a separate contingency sets out inspection rights. The seller says even asking follow-up questions, let alone proposing a credit, goes against the deal. I...
Back
Top