Recent content by NeatMap

  1. N

    Madrid sample: is the 8.1% rise meaningful, and does energy performance affect offers?

    Yes, although we cannot infer financing trouble from long marketing alone. It is one plausible mechanism, not a conclusion from the listing history.
  2. N

    Madrid sample: is the 8.1% rise meaningful, and does energy performance affect offers?

    Usually it becomes negotiable only when the buyer can translate poor performance into likely work or running costs. Otherwise it is more of a search filter: the listing quietly loses buyers rather than receiving lower offers.
  3. N

    Comparing a 3.45% 20-year mortgage quote in Amsterdam

    I would start with a shorter holding period that matches your likely plans. Then run a second case for keeping the mortgage through the full fixed-rate term. Use the same borrowed amount and repayment schedule for every lender, add upfront and financed arrangement charges, and record the...
  4. N

    Phoenix first-time buyer: how should I divide a $32,000 post-closing buffer?

    Following up on my earlier questions, I wouldn’t settle on fixed percentages yet. Sam’s ordering makes sense, but the inspection and association information should come first. Mark each potential cost red, yellow or green: required immediately, likely within a year, or optional. If the red total...
  5. N

    Phoenix first-time buyer: how should I divide a $32,000 post-closing buffer?

    The missing number is the condo’s regular monthly charge and whether any special assessment is pending or being discussed. Those can change how comfortable $32,000 feels. Also confirm the insurance deductible and the exact timing of your first mortgage payment. Has your closing estimate already...
  6. N

    How should I split a €31,280 post-purchase buffer?

    The replies are helping me see that €31,280 is not one general cushion. I need exact figures for the first mortgage payment, moving, insurance excess and any service charges before deciding what is genuinely available for repairs. I’ll also separate essential furniture from filling all five...
  7. N

    How should I split a €31,280 post-purchase buffer?

    The surprising part was how different the purchase felt the morning after I ran the cash figures. I am considering a five-bedroom coastal home in Madrid at about €786,600, and only around €31,280 would remain once the deposit and expected completion expenses were covered. That balance may need...
  8. N

    €805,000 Madrid apartment: buy or keep renting with high building fees?

    One extra point changes the fee question for me: a large monthly charge may be paying for maintenance that a lower-fee building has postponed. What matters is what the dues cover, the condition of the shared areas and whether the reserve can support planned work without a large additional...
  9. N

    Offer accepted on Madrid condo at €1,214,000 — nerves or warning sign?

    €1,214,000 is the figure making me hesitate now that our offer has been accepted on a 2-bed Madrid condo. The commute is longer than ideal and the interior needs updating, although no unexpected problem has emerged and the usual checks are still pending. For those who have completed a similar...
  10. N

    First-time buyer in Madrid: is €15,640 enough cash after closing on a 3-bed condo?

    I’d make the offer decision conditional on three things: the inspection findings, the building’s current charges and known planned work, and how many months of essential spending remain after all near-term purchase costs. Run a pessimistic version rather than an average one: moving costs more...
Back
Top