€1,214,000 is the figure making me hesitate now that our offer has been accepted on a 2-bed Madrid condo. The commute is longer than ideal and the interior needs updating, although no unexpected problem has emerged and the usual checks are still pending.
For those who have completed a similar purchase, what separated normal commitment shock from a budget that was genuinely too tight? I’m thinking the inspection findings and our cash position after moving costs and the first payment may be the deciding factors: proceed if there is still a workable reserve, reconsider if ordinary repairs would immediately push us into it.
For those who have completed a similar purchase, what separated normal commitment shock from a budget that was genuinely too tight? I’m thinking the inspection findings and our cash position after moving costs and the first payment may be the deciding factors: proceed if there is still a workable reserve, reconsider if ordinary repairs would immediately push us into it.