I’d put less weight on portability than early repayment unless moving during the term is a real possibility. Portability may still depend on the future property and a fresh assessment, so it is not necessarily a guaranteed escape route. Ask each lender to state exactly when repayment charges...
There’s a caveat to treating three years as the whole comparison. If one loan has expensive early repayment or restrictive portability, its apparent saving could disappear if you sell or move before the fixed period ends. Ask for the actual fee schedule and the circumstances in which portability...
I’d go further: the 52-day median may be misleading even after sorting by condition. A small group of well-presented, correctly priced homes can sell while stale or withdrawn stock disappears from the visible sample. New-listing volume matters too.
I don’t think sellers necessarily “wait for...
A practical compromise is to make three lists before committing: cash that is never touched except for loss of income or a real emergency; known completion and first-month expenses; and optional spending. Put beds, essential lighting or window coverings ahead of matching furniture. Once the...
What happened to withdrawn listings? If expensive units disappear rather than record price cuts, your remaining sample may look firmer than buyer demand really is. Withdrawn stock could also distort that 31-day median.
What does “more control” mean here? Can you choose the manager, set the letting terms and occupy the apartment when you want, or is control limited by the building’s operating setup? That distinction could reverse your comparison.
I’d also want separate energy estimates for the private unit and...
That distinction matters. I’d use two passes: first, the same basic eligibility requirements for everyone; second, a documented comparison of applicants who pass. Where income, credit and references conflict, ask for the same type of clarification from each person rather than giving one...
Start with a written scorecard and apply it unchanged to every applicant. I would give the clearest weight to verified ability to meet the rent, documented payment history, explainable gaps, references that answer specific questions, and evidence of how the previous home was maintained. Employer...
At $750,000 the headline figure is roughly $279 per sq ft, but I wouldn’t let that ratio drive the decision. A 2-bed with 2,690 sq ft has a lot of area concentrated in relatively few bedrooms, so layout efficiency matters. Ask whether the extra space functions well or is mostly circulation and...
Property transactions often become confusing where one professional’s role ends and another begins. Financing delays are a particular concern because practical coordination can turn into legal or lending advice.
Post the location and property type with your question, plus the stage the...