Recent content by PlainPage

  1. P

    Would HK$343,200 be a safe post-closing buffer for a HK$7,683,000 flat?

    I would ask the developer or sales contact exactly what is payable at handover and when the service charges begin. “Estimated closing costs” may not answer those timing questions. Do the same with the mover and insurer, then add a margin rather than relying on the estimates matching perfectly.
  2. P

    Hong Kong warehouses: bid now or wait after a 3.2% fall?

    I’m deciding whether to bid now or wait for more stock. The Hong Kong warehouses I’m tracking are listed from HK$7,051,000 to HK$10,580,000, with roughly 15 days on market and a reported -3.2% movement. Negotiated discounts seem highly sensitive to condition. Is local supply driving that spread...
  3. P

    Pricing the risk of a possible HK$655,200 building assessment

    Insurance is useful for understanding exposure, but ordinary deterioration and planned maintenance may not be insured, so don’t assume the policy solves the exterior-work problem. Request every circular sent to owners, consultant material, tender information and any proposed contribution or...
  4. P

    Los Angeles student housing: 9.3% movement and 114 days on market

    Insurance could amplify the condition discount, but I would not treat it as the only cause. A property needing work can also narrow the financing pool and make buyers budget more cautiously. Do you know whether the 114 days covers active listings only, and whether the 9.3% is a price change...
  5. P

    Valuation check: 250 m² coastal home in Hong Kong, asking HK$3,354,000 after 68 days

    I’m assessing a 4-bed coastal home in Hong Kong, approximately 250 m² and in average condition, listed at HK$3,354,000. It has been on the market for 68 days. The light and location are the main attractions, while the finishes are dated and financing costs may affect the numbers. I found three...
  6. P

    Offer 4% below asking on Hong Kong student housing?

    I’d keep searching for completed transactions even after offering. Asking comparables tell you about current competition, not what buyers actually paid. If a counter arrives, completed evidence may be what prevents you from negotiating against the list price alone.
  7. P

    Does 40 days on market give Hong Kong buyers room to negotiate?

    Which neighbourhood boundaries are you using, and are the apartments genuinely comparable in size and condition? At this price level, combining nearby areas can hide very different seller expectations. “Renovated” also needs unpacking: a recent cosmetic finish is not the same as work that...
  8. P

    Offer 4% below asking on Hong Kong student housing?

    The contingencies and deposit mechanics should be drafted for Hong Kong rather than copied from an overseas offer template. Inspection scope, financing, valuation and completion obligations can interact. Decide your commercial limits first, then have the actual wording handled locally.
  9. P

    What should conveyancing actually cover on a Toronto student-housing purchase?

    First establish whether the building will be vacant, already tenanted or purpose-built student accommodation. That missing fact could change which documents and issues need attention. I would ask each provider for a written responsibility table covering offer comments, title and document work...
Back
Top