Recent content by rue_numbers

  1. R

    First post from Jakarta

    A useful first comparison would be narrow, but the obstacle is knowing what you intend to do with it. One area, one property type and one time period should produce clearer answers than a broad set of asking prices. Is the duplex example connected to a possible first purchase, or are you mainly...
  2. R

    Offering 6% below asking on a Jakarta duplex — sensible or too aggressive?

    I would not waive valuation protection if the purchase depends on lending. Similar asking prices do not guarantee that a valuation will support the agreed amount. Before signing, understand who covers any appraisal gap, whether you could fund it without touching money reserved for updates, and...
  3. R

    Canadian discounts on building-inspection software without a renewal trap?

    One more caveat: compare terms in Canadian dollars and confirm whether the quoted amount includes or excludes applicable tax. If a vendor will not state the renewal basis or cancellation process clearly before purchase, I would not let a temporary discount outweigh that uncertainty.
  4. R

    Why are similar London flats moving at such different speeds?

    The area labels may be too broad. My specific concern is that flats grouped under one London district can differ substantially in station access, street quality and immediate surroundings, even within the £415,000 to £622,400 range. I would also record how many competing flats are newly listed...
  5. R

    Could market boards add a consistent flood-risk filter?

    I disagree that it should be optional. An optional filter looks useful but produces incomplete results, and users may mistake missing entries for low risk. Requiring a selection while allowing “unknown” preserves posting speed without implying certainty. A Jakarta-only trial would expose...
  6. R

    Could market boards add a consistent flood-risk filter?

    The difficult part is defining the choices. Is the poster reporting personal knowledge of past flooding, a broader neighbourhood issue, or some other assessment? Those are not interchangeable. Regional differences also make a single label harder to apply consistently. What values would the field...
  7. R

    Student housing or similarly priced duplex in Athens?

    I wouldn’t assume the student option is simpler. More occupants can mean more move-ins, minor repairs, furnishing wear and coordination, even if no single bill is dramatic. A duplex may have fewer interventions but bigger occasional costs concentrated in one roof, heating system or exterior...
  8. R

    Using Zillow from Singapore for a Calgary home search

    I’d be cautious about putting too much weight on the sold history without a clear link to the underlying sold record. A renovation, subdivision or slightly different address format can make a comparison misleading. From overseas, I’d keep a short list with the listing date, stated area, status...
  9. R

    The seller’s price is ₩752.1m, but I’m hesitant about the cash left afterward

    ₩19,320,000 is the figure that makes furniture relevant, not irrelevant. In a 1-bed, a bed, basic table and somewhere suitable to work may be genuine move-in needs if the buyer owns almost nothing already; decorative items are much easier to defer. I would still rank those essentials below...
  10. R

    Jakarta student housing: is 21 days meaningful without completed-sale data?

    A practical approach would be to keep three groups: confirmed completed sales, listings withdrawn without a known outcome, and stock still online. Then compare days advertised only within each group, split by neighbourhood and condition. Even a small completed-sales group would be more...
  11. R

    Jakarta student housing: is 21 days meaningful without completed-sale data?

    I wouldn’t treat 21 days as time to sale unless you know those listings actually completed. A removed advert could mean sold, withdrawn, relisted, or simply expired. Compare the original asking price, any reduction date, and the final removal date. A burst of new listings could also make the...
  12. R

    Jakarta coastal homes: 7.3% price decline and an energy-performance question

    A neat energy-efficiency explanation would be useful, but I don’t think this sample can support it yet. At these asking levels, condition, a small change in location, seller motivation or financing could produce the same pattern. Check how the 85 days treats withdrawn stock first. For example, a...
  13. R

    Contingency and sequencing for a 55 m² Jakarta flat renovation

    IDR 3,003,000,000 is the initial renovation figure for a 55 m² new-build flat, and I do not yet know how much of it is firm scope rather than allowances. The plan includes work to the kitchen and bathrooms, floor and wall finishes, electrical testing and limited efficiency improvements, without...
  14. R

    Using REALTOR.ca from Dubai to compare Jakarta studio listings

    That is why alerts need meaningful change labels. “New listing,” “price changed” and “status reconfirmed” would lead to different actions. If an alert gives no indication of what changed, users still have to reopen every suspected duplicate.
  15. R

    Jakarta condo rent review after 85 days: raise it or retain a reliable tenant?

    I would also ask whether “looks after the home” is supported by inspection and maintenance records rather than general impression. If the condition is documented, it becomes a solid retention factor instead of sentiment.
Back
Top