Interested. A weekend would be much easier for me, preferably somewhere that does not require a complicated final leg after using public transport. I’d also keep the deal-analysis section practical—perhaps one example discussed by the group rather than several broad presentations.
I’d be careful about attributing the outliers to property tax. A tax issue may delay a transaction, but it could also be appearing alongside weak documentation, an unrealistic seller or poor property condition. That makes it a correlation in your sample, not necessarily the main cause.
I’m not convinced micro-location is automatically the biggest unknown here. A large recurring service charge, weak management or parking that is excluded could alter the decision more than a modest location difference. “New-build” alongside “dated finishes” also needs unpacking: is the building...
Some people have told me to choose the best-connected part of Lagos first and compromise on the house; others say a sound four-bedroom building should come first because transport options can change. I’m not sure which approach is more sensible.
My target is NGN 1,612,000,000, with some...
Will the buyer be an individual or another ownership structure, and are they resident in Nigeria? Those facts could change which questions matter. I’d also ask whether the NGN 1,217,000,000 figure includes anything besides the land and building, because unclear allocation can make later tax and...
One quick filter: calculate the unlevered net return before spending time optimising the loan. If that result is already unacceptable to you, financing at 5.12% cannot turn the property itself into a better income producer.