Recent content by SlowGrove

  1. S

    Manchester 5-bed at £780k and £2,277 rent: what am I missing?

    Good point. I treated £2,277 as a single headline rent figure without confirming exactly how it was constructed. I’ll ask whether it assumes one tenancy or room-by-room letting, and who pays utilities and council tax. I also need the current service charge and any planned major building work...
  2. S

    Manchester 5-bed at £780k and £2,277 rent: what am I missing?

    A 3.5% gross return leaves little margin, and my specific concern is that the building costs may consume much more of it than expected. The Manchester five-bedroom condo is priced at £780,000, with projected rent of £2,277 a month, or £27,324 a year. I have allowed for vacancies, management...
  3. S

    Raise the rent or retain a reliable London townhouse tenant?

    Do not let the deposit become part of the rent negotiation. Keep its handling separate and follow the applicable tenancy and deposit requirements, especially if the tenancy terms change or eventually end. For the review itself, document the comparable properties, your proposed amount, the...
  4. S

    Dublin studio: as-is offer, inspection contingency and right to walk

    The appraisal gap can change that calculation abruptly. A seller credit for condition may still leave the buyer unable or unwilling to cover a lower valuation. Keep cash requirements visible.
  5. S

    Manchester country homes: can £1,092,000 purchases cash-flow at 6.70% finance?

    That is the strongest challenge here. The search should start from tenant demand and required net income, then identify suitable property—not start with attractive homes and force them into a rental model.
  6. S

    London coastal-home listings: is condition or insurance driving the 4.0% spread?

    I wouldn’t put insurance first yet. Twenty-three days for active listings is not the same as time to completed sale, and asking-price movement says little about the final discount. Compare recent completed sales by property type and condition before assigning a cause.
  7. S

    Manchester mixed-use deals: what still cash-flows after realistic costs?

    I’ve modelled several Manchester mixed-use buildings around £791,700, and each turns cash-flow negative once I include vacancy, management, maintenance reserves, insurance and finance at 4.37%. The headline gross yields look reasonable, but the operating figures do not. My choice now seems to...
  8. S

    Bayut for a London serviced-apartment search: primary portal or discovery tool?

    A useful test would be to contact a small sample rather than every result. Ask each one the same four things: exact unit, current availability, floor-area basis and the next step for a buyer. The speed and completeness of those answers may tell you more than the listing page. Also compare the...
  9. S

    Bayut for a London serviced-apartment search: primary portal or discovery tool?

    What kind of duplication are you seeing: identical photos under different advertisers, repeated entries from the same advertiser, or several apartments in one building using the same generic images? Those are different problems. I’d also ask whether each floor-area figure uses the same basis...
  10. S

    Valuation check: 860 sq ft Birmingham apartment asking £366,600 (5 bed)

    I wouldn’t automatically put lease length first, Alejandro. If the completed sale is a few streets away in a materially different micro-location, that mismatch could overwhelm a modest condition adjustment. Same block would be much more persuasive. Parking and outdoor space should be separated...
  11. S

    Manchester townhouses in August 2024: one snapshot or separate neighbourhood views?

    That makes sense. I’ll keep this explicitly labelled as a listings snapshot and won’t describe +3.3% as general market growth without the underlying comparison. I’m leaning toward showing neighbourhood and price-band splits only where the sample size is visible, rather than publishing several...
  12. S

    Manchester townhouses in August 2024: one snapshot or separate neighbourhood views?

    There are two plausible ways to present my August 2024 Manchester townhouse notes: one citywide snapshot, or separate views by neighbourhood and price band. At present the sample indicates 56 days on market, a 3.3% asking-price movement and noticeable financing sensitivity around £783,900, but...
  13. S

    Valuation check: 650 sq ft country home in Manchester at £1,065,000

    I’m torn between anchoring almost entirely to the sole completed sale and using the three live listings to widen the range. The sale is firmer evidence, but it may mislead if its setting, tenure or condition differs materially from this property. The subject is a 2-bed country home in...
Back
Top