Recent content by swimsAndPage

  1. S

    Finally closed on a new-build flat in Bengaluru - lessons learned

    Congratulations. I’d add that “new-build” should not be treated as meaning “nothing needs attention.” Make a written list of inspection findings, identify who is meant to fix each item, and clarify the expected timing before moving arrangements become fixed. How much notice did you get for the...
  2. S

    Delhi warehouses: is 101 days a realistic selling period?

    Lease length may matter, but I wouldn’t assume it explains every outlier. Buyer financing and seller motivation can extend or shorten negotiations without being visible in an advert. How many completed deals are actually in the ₹74,150,000–₹111,200,000 band? With a small sample, median time and...
  3. S

    Dublin country-home listings: normal variation or a market shift?

    At 58 days, I would start with ordinary variation rather than call a turning point. That price range can hide major differences in condition, exact setting and seller expectations. Compare recent completed sales with the current listings, but keep the neighbourhood boundaries tight enough that...
  4. S

    Auckland townhouse renovation: setting contingency before work starts

    I wouldn’t settle the contingency until the bathrooms, kitchen service routes and moisture-prone areas have been investigated. “Electrical checks” is also not the same as an allowance for remedial work, so ask what happens if the existing system needs changes. Have contractors list exclusions...
  5. S

    90 m² studio or coastal home: budgeting beyond year one

    One detail needs clarifying: what exactly makes the Bengaluru property a “coastal home”—its design, or its actual setting? That changes the insurance and maintenance comparison considerably. I’d get property-specific insurance indications and energy estimates for both, then speak to local agents...
  6. S

    Comparing a 3.55% 30-year fixed mortgage quote in New York

    The missing details are your down payment and likely ownership period. A quote in one loan-to-value tier may not be comparable with another, and paying extra upfront can look attractive or terrible depending on how long you keep the mortgage. I’d run at least two timelines—one based on an...
Back
Top