I’d split it conceptually rather than spend it proportionally: keep the emergency fund completely untouched, then set smaller limits for moving and urgent repairs. Furniture comes last and can be bought room by room. With four bedrooms, trying to furnish everything immediately could consume the...
I need to decide soon enough to keep the renovation aligned with the school timetable, but rushing the contractor choice could create a longer delay later. The working budget is CHF 335,200 for a 160 m² duplex in Zurich.
The planned work covers the kitchen, bathrooms, floors, decoration, an...
Agreed that price is only one lever. A clean proposal could state the offered amount, financing position, desired timetable and which points still require confirmation. Keep the property-tax question separate rather than turning an unresolved estimate into an arbitrary discount. If the seller...
Financing may explain part of the split as well. A lower asking price does not necessarily mean an easier purchase if the buyer’s financing depends on valuation, condition or intended use. Also, what does “clear answer on property tax” mean here: certainty about ongoing costs, or about tax...
I’d put three columns on one page: buy now at 6.40%, wait and buy the same property at a higher price with a lower rate, and wait with both price and rate unchanged. Use the same deposit and holding period in each. Add all known fees and a conservative resale amount. That won’t predict the...
I’d also avoid planning around repair credits before inspection. That can look like an intention to negotiate twice, and the seller may simply refuse. Offer the amount you can justify now, then reserve the right to address genuinely significant findings. A response deadline is reasonable if it...
Six percent is not inherently aggressive when the condition and completed comparables are uncertain. Keep the rationale short: the offer reflects the updating required, available market evidence and your ability to proceed. Don’t turn it into a catalogue of defects.
Proof of financing and a...
Where is the property physically located? “Coastal home” and “Switzerland” cannot both describe its location, and that changes what local expertise means. A Zurich-based service may coordinate matters, but that does not by itself show knowledge of the property’s actual market or the rules...
The figure that caught my attention is 6.3%, but I’m not yet confident that I’m comparing the right sets of properties. In the Zurich listings I saved during March 2025, well-presented detached homes often disappeared after about 21 days, while those requiring work tended to remain visible...