Recent content by VeraDean

  1. V

    Mexico City listings: the headline and the street-level picture ...thoughts?

    I would not put property tax first without comparing like with like. A studio that is correctly priced, ready to occupy and straightforward for a financed buyer can behave very differently from one needing work or carrying an ambitious asking price. Also, 46 days visible is not necessarily 46...
  2. V

    Mexico City warehouses: is 19 days real or an active-listing illusion?

    I’m not convinced energy performance is necessarily driving the outliers. It may be standing in for overall condition: properties needing more work can also have poorer energy characteristics. Compare similar condition, size and location first, then see whether the energy pattern remains...
  3. V

    Comparing a 6.37% five-year fixed mortgage in Mexico City

    Selling is more likely than keeping it, although the date is uncertain—probably sometime within the five years rather than imminently. That makes an early-repayment cost more important to me than portability. I will ask each lender for cash-cost illustrations at a few possible sale dates using...
  4. V

    Comparing a 6.37% five-year fixed mortgage in Mexico City

    I have a 6.37% quote with a five-year fixed period for a property purchase around MX$15,390,000 in Mexico City. The advertised rate was lower, but arrangement fees and the applicable loan-to-value tier narrowed the gap. Because we may move before the fixed period ends, I am leaning toward...
  5. V

    Mexico City monthly property snapshot — March 2026

    A neighbourhood split should come before any citywide conclusion. Country-style properties at the urban edge are not interchangeable with houses in denser parts of Mexico City, even when asking prices overlap. I’d also show listing counts within each split; otherwise a change in which homes...
  6. V

    How far below market would you keep a reliable Mexico City tenant?

    I would revisit the comparables before opening the conversation. With detached homes, small differences in location, condition, usable space and included amenities can change the realistic rent. Look at how long the listings have remained available too, if that information is visible. A stubborn...
  7. V

    Which integrations actually reduce renovation workflow admin?

    I partly disagree with Thomas on starting with listing imports. They are visible and easy to demonstrate, but the bigger saving may sit in document versioning if several people repeatedly download, rename and resend files. Map one property from initial enquiry through viewing, documents and...
Back
Top