Recent content by view.hidden

  1. V

    How much of a C$54,000 post-closing buffer should stay untouched?

    A country home adds another reason not to rush furniture spending: the first few months reveal how you actually use the rooms. Keep essential moving purchases modest, use what you already own where possible, and delay decorative pieces. Cash is more useful when a heating, water or exterior issue...
  2. V

    Helsinki new-build 1-bed at €519,800 and €3,007/month — sanity check

    The gross calculation is right: €3,007 × 12 is €36,084, or about 6.9% of the purchase price. I’d focus on the flat’s monthly building or housing-company charges and exactly what they include. Have you also allowed separately for insurance, property tax, leasing costs and gaps between tenants...
  3. V

    Montreal 5-bed at C$546,800 and C$4,076 rent — what am I missing?

    The two obvious options are to pursue the apparent 8.9% gross yield or walk away until the local costs are clearer, and neither feels comfortable without better numbers. This is a 5-bed country home in Montreal at C$546,800, with expected rent of C$4,076 a month. I have budgeted separately for...
  4. V

    Offer accepted on a Calgary duplex, and now I’m questioning every compromise

    The inspection should help turn vague dread into a list. Split findings into urgent, soon and cosmetic, then attach rough priorities rather than assuming every dated item needs immediate work. If the urgent category is larger than the cash reserve can absorb, that is useful evidence. If it is...
Back
Top