If the rent or recurring costs are wrong, this could look profitable on paper while producing weak cash flow. The Helsinki new-build one-bedroom is priced at €519,800, with projected rent of €3,007 a month, which gives a gross yield of roughly 6.9%.
I have allowed for vacancy, management, routine upkeep and reserves for larger work, but I am not confident the €3,007 rent is sustainable or that my cost list is complete. I still need the full breakdown of building or housing-company charges and what they cover, along with the amounts for insurance, property tax and tenant turnover. Which of those documents or figures would you verify first before deciding whether the net return is adequate?
I have allowed for vacancy, management, routine upkeep and reserves for larger work, but I am not confident the €3,007 rent is sustainable or that my cost list is complete. I still need the full breakdown of building or housing-company charges and what they cover, along with the amounts for insurance, property tax and tenant turnover. Which of those documents or figures would you verify first before deciding whether the net return is adequate?