120 m² studio or similarly priced warehouse in Rio?

elio_lee

Homeowner
Founding Member
I’ve now requested the full financial and maintenance statement, which has raised a more basic question: will the documents make these two properties genuinely comparable? One is a 120 m² studio in Rio de Janeiro and the other is a similarly priced warehouse.

The studio may require less direct attention, although building reserves and shared decisions could create costs of their own. The warehouse could mean heavier upkeep and a less predictable tenant pool. I’m comparing finance, insurance, energy, vacancy, management effort and eventual resale. Which entries in the records would you test most closely, and what inspection points would help expose deferred maintenance before I choose?
 
I wouldn’t assume the warehouse gives you more control until you know exactly what is shared and who pays for structural work, access, security and common services. Equally, a studio can look simple while weak reserves or future building work create costs you cannot control.

Ask for itemised insurance terms, energy history, maintenance records, reserve information and current occupancy or lease details. Then model a long vacancy plus one major repair for each option. Is the warehouse vacant, owner-occupied or already leased? That missing fact could change the comparison more than the purchase price.
 
Back
Top