200 m² villa or similarly priced townhouse in Bengaluru?

pine.open

Homeowner
I’m comparing a 200 m² villa with a similarly priced townhouse in Bengaluru. On the information provided so far, the villa looks simpler to maintain, while the townhouse appears to offer more control but could leave the owner exposed to larger, irregular costs. I’ve now asked for the full cost statement rather than relying on another verbal estimate.

My model includes property tax, insurance, energy use and resale liquidity, but I may be underweighting shared-building reserves, vacancy risk, tenant demand and the time needed to manage either property. I’m particularly interested in costs that only became visible after the first year.

What documents or line items would you compare before choosing, and which assumptions would you stress-test for a likely resale or rental? A practical checklist—and clarification of who pays for structural or shared-area work in each option—would be very helpful.
 
Back
Top