On the figures I have checked, a 1-bed villa at about ¥117,800,000 would leave me with ¥3,366,000 once the purchase completes. The mortgage looks manageable from month to month. What I cannot yet pin down is the first-year exposure, particularly recurring service charges and work needed soon after moving in.
I still need room for the move, basic furniture, insurance costs and the payment schedule at the start of the loan. How much of the cash would you keep completely separate as an emergency fund, and how much would you assign to immediate repairs? I do not want an affordable monthly payment to hide the fact that the purchase price has used nearly all my flexibility.
I still need room for the move, basic furniture, insurance costs and the payment schedule at the start of the loan. How much of the cash would you keep completely separate as an emergency fund, and how much would you assign to immediate repairs? I do not want an affordable monthly payment to hide the fact that the purchase price has used nearly all my flexibility.