I need to make a decision shortly between a 45 m² studio and a similarly priced coastal home being offered in Nairobi. The studio looks manageable day to day, but its shared costs and limited say over building works concern me. The home shifts more responsibility to me and may require heavier maintenance.
I’m comparing energy use, insurance, tenant demand, vacancy, management time and how readily each could be resold. The part I cannot judge well is a building reserve versus keeping my own repair fund. What records would show whether either property is storing up expenses, and what should I check before committing?
I’m comparing energy use, insurance, tenant demand, vacancy, management time and how readily each could be resold. The part I cannot judge well is a building reserve versus keeping my own repair fund. What records would show whether either property is storing up expenses, and what should I check before committing?