5-bed coastal home in London, 970 sq ft — £183,300

NewLens

Homeowner
At £183,300, the combination of five bedrooms and approximately 970 sq ft is the detail I would verify first. This is a London coastal home described as being in average-to-good condition, with viewings arranged by appointment.

A measured floor plan would help establish whether all five bedrooms are practical and whether any converted or restricted space is included in the quoted area. I would also want the exact location, an explanation of what “coastal” means here, the energy performance details, tenure and title documents. Parking rights, service charges, included fixtures and known condition issues could materially change how attractive the price looks. Which of those would you ask the seller to confirm before booking a viewing?
 
The first missing detail for me is what “coastal” means in this London listing. Is that simply the property style or does it describe the setting? I’d also ask for the exact London area and whether the property is freehold or leasehold, as the headline price alone does not give enough context.
 
With five bedrooms in approximately 970 sq ft, I would want a measured floor plan rather than relying on the headline bedroom count. Check whether every room shown as a bedroom is practically usable and whether the quoted area includes any restricted, converted or non-living space. The energy performance information may also indicate where condition-related spending could arise.
 
I wouldn’t request a viewing until the tenure and recurring costs are clear. If service charges apply, ask what they cover and whether there are other regular property charges. The title documents should also confirm exactly what is being sold, including parking or shared areas, rather than leaving those points to the listing wording.
 
I’d still consider viewing early rather than waiting for every document. “Average-to-good condition” is broad, and an in-person appointment can quickly show whether the compact layout works. Before travelling, though, I would ask which fixtures are included and whether any visible defects or unfinished work are already noted.
 
A sensible order would be: clarify the exact location and meaning of “coastal,” confirm tenure and service charges, obtain the verified floor area and energy performance details, then book the appointment. At the viewing, test the five-bedroom layout, inspect the general condition, and confirm parking and fixtures. Any unresolved boundaries, rights or tenure points can then be compared against the title documents.
 
Back
Top