5-bed country home in Montreal — C$600,800

LuckyHorizon

Homeowner
Founding Member
My viewing availability is limited, so I want to establish the basics before arranging an appointment. The property is a five-bedroom country home in the Montreal area, offered at C$600,800 with about 2,530 sq ft of space.

The size and layout sound attractive, but the outcome would change if the floor area includes space I would not treat as normal living area, or if energy performance points to substantial running costs. I also need details on heating and insurance considerations, the exact fixtures included, parking, any service charges and more specific condition notes. Which documents or answers would you request before deciding whether the trip is worthwhile?
 
The exact location would be my first question. “Montreal” can cover quite different settings, and that affects what I would want to examine. Is the municipality or neighbourhood identified in the title documents, and is the stated 2,530 sq ft verified rather than taken from marketing material?
 
I’d request the title information and floor-area basis before booking, but I wouldn’t wait for every answer. A viewing may reveal whether the five-bedroom layout actually uses the space well. Energy information is useful, yet it won’t replace looking closely at windows, heating equipment and visible condition. Also ask whether the parking is part of the property itself and get the included fixtures listed clearly rather than assuming anything seen in photographs stays.
 
I’d do the viewing earlier. Paperwork cannot tell you whether “average-to-good” means cosmetic wear or several expensive jobs appearing at once.
 
Fair, but a short written response first could avoid a wasted appointment. I’d ask for four items: the precise location, verified floor area, any service charges, and the main condition issues behind that description. If those answers are acceptable, book the viewing and use it to assess the room sizes, parking access and energy-related features. Title and insurance questions can then be pursued with the appropriate local professionals before making any commitment.
 
Back
Top